Friday, March 3, 2023
A hands-on experience in invention literacy. Participants will learn what a Makey Makey is, how it works, how to use it with the Scratch programming tool, and best classroom practices. They will then learn ways to create an interactive learning experience for their students. The workshop will end with participants engaging in a design thinking challenge similar to what they may create for their students.
Sphero - Bolt and Little Bits
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Including intro to Sphero and computational thinking, programming with the Bolt, building confidence using littleBits, classroom management techniques while working with robots, creating content for varying grade and ability levels.
Kibo - Operational skills and in-depth curriculum integration
Thursday, March 9, 2023
Including an intro to KIBO and its research foundation, constructing your own KIBO, overview of the KinderLab curriculum and how KIBO will be integrated into your own classroom.
Arduino - Intro to Coding
Thursday, March 23, 2023
We’ll explore how Arduino CTC Go! Core Module can be used to effectively address New Jersey’s Computer Science and Design Thinking standards for high school students. We’ll cover topics such as:
- Setting up your class and accessing the CTC Go! content
- What’s in the kit? – Exploring the CTC Go! hardware
- Overview of the lessons, guided projects, and self-directed projects
- Creating programmable electronic devices
- Using the Arduino Software (IDE) (Integrated Development Environment) to write, compile, and transfer code
- How CTC Go! addresses specific New Jersey Computer Science and Design Thinking standards
- Tips for implementation and troubleshooting